Today’s news tip comes via email from blogger ListOfX. The “X” is for ten, so in case you thought it was an adult site, you can now confidently visit it at work, knowing you won’t get fired for looking at adult material, but may only get reprimanded for looking at funny top ten lists instead of doing your job.
According to Yahoo, in Florida, there is apparently a widespread problem of people driving their cars into post offices. So much so, that the U.S. Postal Service has released helpful tips to help drivers avoid crashing post offices. Tips like:
- “Avoid distracted driving”
- “Visibly check to see whether your foot is on the gas pedal or the brake pedal”; and
- “Visibly check to see if the vehicle is in Park, Reverse or Drive.”
3 Additional Useful Tips To Avoid Driving Into Post Offices
1. Visibly check to see if you are driving a car. Is it headed toward a building, like, say, a post office? If so, stop!
2. Just because the package you picked up says “You may be a winner,” do not open it while driving. p.s. By not driving into buildings, you are already a winner!
3. Do not respond to email on your smart phone while driving to the post office. You’ll be distracted, and if someone barrels through the entrance reading email, the postal workers are not going to be happy with the whole email/snail mail rivalry that’s been going on since the release of the romantic comedy “You’ve Got Mail.”
Leave a Reply